Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Publisher Blues

I have been looking around for a publisher to submit my book to when I am done and well its been a little baffling. I find one publisher and then find out they are a scam. I find another one and they want $4000 dollars to publish, but they say they are not a self publisher. I wish I knew where to go on this issue.

I posted a recipe for Ranch Stuffed Potatoes

11 comments:

Kristin said...

Sorry to hear that.. I hope you find a resolution to this issue very soon!

Nina Marana said...

Kristin,
Yeah I am hoping to find one that works out for me. It never hurts to be prepared ahead of time
Ms Recipe

Native American Momma said...

Oh, my goodness that is awful. My husband is looking around too. He says he doesn't want to submit his work because they all have disclaimers that say they can use your idea's but not choose you to write the story. If he finds a good lead I'll let you know. He isn't doing a cook book, a murder mystery

Unknown said...

I gave you an award on my blog♥

Nina Marana said...

Chickenista,

Thanks for the award.

Ms R

Nina Marana said...

Native American Momma,
Ya, it can be hard to not find just scams and their is plenty of them out there.

Ms R

Joanne Olivieri said...

If you are looking to self publish, depending on the length and size of your book there are options available which are not too expensive. Contact me for more details.

Nina Marana said...

Poetic Shutterbug,

Thanks so much for the information. I haven't decided how I am going to publish the book yet.I guess I'll know once its done. Just frustrated with all the scams.

Ms Recipe

The Prodigal Tourist said...

So pleased you found us... Now, for your book, the best way is to start with a book proposal, then look for an agent. You can find a lot of info about that online, or at the library. Have you tried Jeff Hermann's guide to book publishers, editors & literary agents? That's a great place to start. Good luck!
PS: Be prepared to explain why your cookbook is different from everything already on the market.

Nina Marana said...

Prodigal Tourist,

Thanks for the suggestions.

Ms R

Frugal Vicki said...

I'm sorry it is so frustrating! However, Ranched stuffed potatoes sounds awesome!