Sunday, June 21, 2009
Picnic and Park Time
Yesterday, enjoyed some time at the local park for a family picnic. Everyone brought lots of great dishes of food which gave me some ideas for recipes for my cookbook. The local park is rather small, but it does have a light house across the shore for great pictures. A few things have changed since I've been to the park. They now have a fishing dock for the fishermen and a place for launching boats. The playground hasn't changed much, but it's a nice place for the kids to go so the parents don't lose their minds, lots of laugh. I was talking to a few people about Grandma's recipes while some people were singing karaoke. Some I'd forgotten about so I need to dig out Grandma's cookbook to find those recipes. It was a nice day even with the tear jerking music.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
The park sounds wonderful. And a picnic is a great idea, especially now that the rains have stopped!
Hi thanks for following my blog...i am now following yours in the hopes that I can pick up some good recipes to try with my fresh produce :-)
We went fishing on the Fourth. The kids each caught a fish (with a little help from daddy). It was great.
It sounds like you had a great time at the park, makes me want to visit my own soon!
Picnic at the park is really good and it is also a great idea.
by the way, if you have time please feel free to visit and follow my blog, you might like some of those.
thanks...
khaye=)
there is nothing like Grandma's recipes, is there? I need to pull some of my own out!
Post a Comment